When it comes to websites, there are three ways that you can build a website:
- Custom coded websites built by a developer.
- Websites built on a content data management system such as WordPress or Joomla.
- Websites built on a builder software. These software options include Shopify, SquareSpace, Wix, Weebly, and more.
When we talk to our customers about what to set their website up on, we always believe WordPress is going to be easiest in the long run due to SEO (search engine optimization) factors. We always want to choose a platform that gives us the best chance of attracting the most visitors.
Common problems we have found with builder websites are:
- Inaccurate Reporting: Recently, we looked at a client’s website traffic reports on their SquareSpace account and Google Analytics. SquareSpace showed 711 monthly visitors when Google Analytics showed 425. There are a lot of inaccuracies when it comes to reporting coming through your website software which could lead to inaccurate marketing decisions.
- Unable to Make Desired Changes: The builders regularly will not allow users to make the changes they would like to make because of the themes they are using. These can be small edits from where an image is placed to how a contact form looks.
- Less Traffic: The website builders will never rank in search engines the way the other two types of websites will. It is a fundamental problem with what the search engines see when they crawl a builder website.
For these reasons specifically, we will build clients for most of our clients on WordPress. We take careful measures to review security options, hosting plans, and help them set everything up in the best way possible. If you are shopping for a new website or you have questions about your existing website, take a moment to learn more about our services and call us with any questions you have.