Deciding which marketing agency to give your business to can be a tricky thing. A lot of different factors go into choosing which company is the right fit for you, but there can be some warning signs that the marketing agency you hired is not looking at your best interest. Our team here at Abundant Marketing compiled a list of what we believe to be the top five warning signs of a bad marketing company.
These are the top five red flags in a bad marketing company:
- They are charging a consultation fee. If you’re just sitting down with your marketing company to discuss your needs and desires in a marketing company to determine whether or not they are a right fit for you and they charge you for that, it is time to run. At Abundant Marketing, we offer free consultations to potential clients.
- They have been in business less than 2-3 years. When it comes to navigating the marketing waters experience is important. Experience allows marketing agencies to know what works for clients and what doesn’t. It also comes with knowledge on how to properly utilize different social media platforms to get the biggest bang for your buck.
- They locking you into a 1 to 2 year contract. Things change and situations do not stay the same so why should your marketing plan stay the same? If the marketing company wants to lock you into a long-term deal that should be a major deal breaker. If you get into a long-term contract, but you aren’t meeting your goals with your current marketing agency then you are stuck with them for the duration of the contract that can be difficult to get out of both legally and financially.
- They use an outside scheduler for posting on SM platforms. The way the social media platforms write their algorithms does not like how outside schedulers use it. When an outside scheduler is used the post is often seen by 45-50 percent fewer people.
- They do not send regular tracking summaries. How will you know that your social media budget is being used effectively if you never get any feedback? Weekly or monthly tracking summaries show your traffic and engagement from Social Media. Tracking engagement helps to determine whether or not your Social Media is helping your business. Without these, it can be almost impossible to determine if your Social Media accounts are engaging enough.
It can be hard to find a good marketing agency but that is what Abundant Marketing is here for. For more information on choosing the right marketing agency, visit our website.