There is so much more to social media marketing than just writing social media posts. At Abundant Marketing, we utilize various platforms of social media, but not without planning out our content first!
Social media is the backbone for many marketing strategies. A business’s goals are achieved through successful marketing – planning out a social media marketing plan is one way to reach success.
5 steps we take when mapping out a plan for social media for a small business is:
- Understand the Audience: Find out what customers the business aims to attract. Identifying basic demographics such as age and location is important, but it is also equally important to understand how potential customers think.
- Determine Best Social Media Platforms: Find out where the majority of the audience resides with regards to social media. Figure out the platform that works best with the company! It could be Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Set Goals: What is the end goal of the plan and how will you measure it? Whether it’s building a community or boosting the brand name, it is crucial to measure against a goal.
- Research and Create Content: Find out what content will be included in the plan and research it because all social media content must be written with the end user in mind!
- Measure Progress and Adjust: It is important to evaluate the response rate and adjust if we are not heading towards the goal in the correct manner.
It’s no question that social media has grown tremendously over the past decade and it will continue to gain momentum! Businesses should take advantage of this growth and map out social media plans. Contact Abundant Marketing’s office in Cary to help plan out a social media strategy today.